Thank you for visiting the City of Selah's web site for possible job opportunities within the City.
Employment applications for current openings can be submitted to:Selah City Hall
115 W. Naches Ave
Selah, WA 98942.
If you have any questions, please contact the City at (509) 698-7328
Administrative & Marketing Specialist
|Salary||$13.30 to $16.62 hourly|
CITY OF SELAH ADMINISTRATIVE & MARKETING SPECIALIST
This job description is intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by the position. It is not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
Under the direction of the Recreation Manager, oversee the planning, organization, development and direction of programs and events in City of Selah Facilities. Communicate with incoming groups and act as a liaison for the incoming vendors. Develops and administers contracts for the operation of recreational facilities. Provide responsible administrative support to the department.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives supervision from and reports to the Recreation Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Essential functions and duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives and policies for the City's Recreational Facilities.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and review with the Manager; implement improvements.
- Develop collaborative alliances with event vendors.
- Stay current with trends and innovations in the events field.
- Participate in the negotiations of contract and agreements with facility users, ensure compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Plan, develop and organize a comprehensive use calendar for all the recreation buildings and facilities.
- Schedule and supervise day to day operations and activities in the recreational buildings and facilities.
- Prioritize, schedule and coordinate events.
- Draft contract language, develop standard contract forms, monitor for contract compliance.
- Develop survey forms and questionnaires to measure customer satisfaction.
- Respond to customer inquiries for information, work to resolve issues regarding facility operations.
- Develop standard meeting and banquet room layouts and provide to incoming groups.
Organizational and management practices
Principles and practices of program development and administration
Marketing theories, principles and practices and their application to the community facilities and services Modern office procedures, methods and computer equipment
Oral and written communication skills
Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy
Contract administration Survey techniques
Coordinate with renters and their vendors Operate a multi-line telephone system
Use excel to create spreadsheets and graphs Recommend changes and implement them Maintain an online calendar of events Create a brochure
Get company advertisers for brochures Communicate verbally and in writing
Education, Experience, and Training Guidelines
- High school diploma or GED and some college. Preferred: degree in event coordination or marketing.
- Minimum1 year, preferred 3 years, experience scheduling facilities and coordinating with clients & vendors
Training, licensing, or certifications:
- Possession of current first aid/CPR certification
- Possession of valid Washington State Driver's License
Office and indoor/outdoor recreational facility environment; travel from site to site; exposure to computer screens, potentially hazardous chemicals, inclement weather conditions; may work in or with water; may work on slippery or uneven surfaces. Schedule may include evening and weekend hours
Essential functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for walking, standing
or sitting for prolonged periods of time; moderate or light lifting and carrying; operating motorized vehicles; may operate pool equipment; near visual acuity for performing administrative tasks on a computer.